Best for small must for all
Home city guide about jhabrera

About Jhabrera

Situated at a distance of 17 km from Roorkee, Jhabrera is a small town in the district of Haridwar in Uttarakhand state. The town derived its name from the village of “Jhabar Hera” that was established by a Zamindar named Rao Bah Mal at the time of the reign of Mughal Emperor Anmol and Shahjahan. The geographical coordinate of the town located towards the right of the Ganga canal is at 29.8090° N latitude and 77.7750° E longitude. Perched at a height of 850 feet, the total area of Jhabrera is 0.9 km2.

Jhabrera Town

Population of Jhabrera

According to the census survey, Jhabrera had a total population of 9378. The sex ratio of Jhabrera is 53% and the rest 47% females. The average literacy rate of Jhabrera, as per the records of 2011 census is 57%. Jhabrera had a population of 18% under the age of 6 years.

Utilities and Services in Jhabrera

Utilities in JhabreraThe Government of the town has rolled out many new provisions and is under the process of development. The town has great historical significance from the times of Mughal Kingdom. Thus keeping in mind the importance of the town, the Government has offered few services to the local people. These public utility services are also consumed by the visitors. Here is a summarized list of all the utility services in Jhabrera

Banks in Jhabrera

The banking sector has not much developed in Jhabrera. The town has only one nationalized bank – State Bank of India. Though there is only one bank in the town yet it offers all the services to the customers from commercial transactions to withdrawal of cash. There are not ATM centers in the town. Thus, people go to banks for withdrawing cash.

State Bank of India
State: Uttarakhand
District: Haridwar
IFSC Code: SBIN0002372
MICR Code: 247002103
Branch Code: 002372
Address: Jhabrera,
District Haridwar,
Uttarakhand - 247665
Contact Number: 01332 - 224225

Post Office in Jhabrera

The local people of Jhabrera still value the postal services to courier any letter. It is the only available courier service in the town. The boom of the internet services has not yet influenced the locals of Jhabrera. They rely on the posts for communicating with each other.

Pin code: 247665
State: Uttarakhand
District: Haridwar
Taluk: Roorkee
Office: Jhabrera S.O.
Sub Office: Sub Office (Delivery)
Head Office: Roorkee H.O.
Location: Roorkee Taluk of Haridwar District
Division: Dehradun Division Dehradun Region Uttarakhand Circle
Postal Department: Roorkee - 247667
Contact Number: 01332 - 224204

Gas Connection Centres in Jhabrera

The LPG Connection Centre in Jhabrera provides services like new connection, refill of LPG cylinders. There is only one connection centre in Jhabrera of Indane Gas. The details are mentioned below

Suryansh Indane Gas Service
Address: Jhabrera, Haridwar,
Uttarakhand - 247665
Contact Number: 01332 - 224249

Petrol Pumps in Jhabrera

There are two petrol filling stations in Jhabrera town. You can get the addresses and contact numbers below

Jhabrera Ksss Filling Station
Address: Bhagwanpur,
Jhabrera, Haridwar,
Uttarakhand - 247665
Contact Number: 01332 - 247661

Royal Petroleum
Address: Jhabrera, Haridwar,
Uttarakhand - 247665
Contact Number: 09837055555

Emergency Services in Jhabrera

The emergency services in Jhabrera will consist of all the important numbers that you will need in situations which require immediate help or action. These numbers will help you in getting around the city without hassle. As it is a developing town, the emergency services have not yet developed much in Jhabrera.

Police Station in Jabrera

Jhabrera Police looks after the security of the citizens in the town. They are solely responsible to look after the law and order in Jhabrera.
Contact Number: 01332 - 224216

Chemist Shops in Jhabrera

Jhabrera town has only one Chemist Shop of which the details are mentioned below

Samarth Medical Store
Address: Saharanpur Road,
Jhabrera, Haridwar District,
Uttarakhand - 247667
Contact Number: 09758992000, 08958060805 (Mobile)

How to Reach Jhabrera

Road to Jhabrera TownBy Rail
The nearest major railway station from Jhabrera is Roorkee Railway Station located at a distance of 10.6 km away from Jhabrera. The other nearby railway stations are

Deoband Railway Station - 17.6 km
Laskar Railway Station - 24.2 km
Jwalapur Railway Station - 35.7 km
Haridwar Railway Station - 39.5 km

By Air
Muzaffarnagar Airport is the nearest airport from Jhabrera. It is located 43 km away from Jhabrera. The other nearby airports from Jhabrera are

Dehradun Airport - 61.7 km
Indira Gandhi International Airport - 153.9 km

Jhabrera at a Glance

State: Uttarakhand
District: Haridwar
Elevation: 0.9 km 2
Density: 27,000/ sq. mi
Official Language: Hindi
Time Zone: IST (UTC + 5:30)
STD Code: 01332
Pin code: 247667
MLA of Jhabrera: Hari Dass (BSP)

  • E-mail

Comments / Discussion Board - About Jhabrera